Red Service Terms & Conditions
- If you do not use the service for 180 days, your Telappliant Red account may be de-activated (closed). 'Usage' includes a VoIP/SIP device being logged into the Red service using any of the VoIP account IDs allocated to your account. Call credit is non-refundable.
- All Red VoIP account IDs are provisioned with 2 concurrent calls.
- All subscription services have a minimum contract period of 12 months unless otherwise stated. A notice period of one calendar month applies for cancellations.
- In order to purge inactive/unused accounts, we may send out periodic emails requesting that you verify your account. Please keep your contact details up to date in order that you can receive service-related communication. If you operate any anti-spam measures, please ensure that the telappliant.red and telappliant.com domains are not blocked.
- From time to time, the service may be temporarily unavailable for maintenance purposes. We will always let our customers know of any such planned outages.
- No compensation is offered or liability accepted to the user or any third party should the service be unavailable temporarily or permanently, either due to suspension of your account or to service disruption outside of our control.
- Wherever possible, notice of at least 28 days will be given for any service changes.
- You must not use the service for any unlawful purpose, or use it for the dissemination of any material or information which could be unlawful, offensive or obscene.
- You may not use the service to make unsolicited calls, in particular sales "cold calls" or use the service in way way to disrupt or disturb (or attempt to) the operation of any company / business or quiet enjoyment of any person.
- You shall not use the service in any way which might affect the performance of the service or enjoyment of the service by other users. This includes hardware/software operation which operate in a way which is not acceptable to the service providers, either deliberately (by design) or due to malfunction.
- Charges and calling rates for the service may change at any time. Please refer back to the this web site for the current rates tariff.
- Where using any call diversion (forwarding) facilities you must ensure that any third party is aware that you are forwarding calls to them. The transferred leg of such calls are billed to your Red account.
- Red support is provided by email for all customers. We try to reply to all emails within 4 business hours. Technical support via telephone is only available for customers with a Red service subscription.
- Like any online service, Red accounts and corresponding VoIP IDs are protected by usernames and password. If someone obtains your password(s), they will be able to use your account for making and receiving calls. For that reason, it is imperative that you keep your passwords secure, strong and confidential at all times. Telappliant cannot accept any responsibility for unauthorised use of your account. You should always set and use strong passwords (for example minimum 10 characters, mixed numbers, letters and characters). Beware of using your details on public networks where your details may be stored or intercepted and if you use any kind of PBX or other VoIP hardware, you must ensure that its own passwords and those of any extensions are also secure and strong.
- You will not share your account with any unrelated person ('unrelated' being persons outside your own household or organisation). Where you authorise another related party to use your account, you accept responsibily for their usage of your account.
- If you provide your account details or password onto any third party for any purposes, for example accounting or the provision of 3rd party value added services, you are responsible for any use or abuse they might make of that information, for example the use of any calling credit.
- Call credit is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another user/account.
- Privacy: Your personal details will be held confidentially and used only by agents responsible for operating the Red service. You consent to receiving service updates or account verification requests from us by email, together with other periodic commercial information from us. We will not pass your email address onto 3rd parties for the purposes of unsolcitied emails ('spams').
- In the case of service malfunction or misconfiguration providing you with any unentitled benefit (whether pecuniary or otherwise), this benefit may be removed/amended retrospectively. In cases where a malfunction or flaw is deliberately exploited by a user, any such financial benefit shall be repayable by the user.
- We may, at our discretion, prohibit the use of any hardware or third party services with the Red service where we believe that it may be interferring or otherwise detrimental to our systems or affecting the service for other users.
- Where hardware (physical) products are supplied or purchased from a third party for use with the Red service, should the service cease, or the scope of operation change such that the hardware product is no longer usable (either partially or completely), Telappliant are not responsible for the cost of that hardware, its replacement or any consequential costs arising.
- It is prohibited to use the Red service, partner servers or any Red-supplied hardware/software outside of the intended use stated by Telappliant. This includes reverse engineering, code alteration or any other usage which might alter or affect the operation intended by Telappliant or the normal usage of other users.
- These service terms may be amended at any time without notice; you should refer to this page to view the latest version of the service terms. Any breach or suspected breach of the service terms may lead to suspension of your account, either temporarily or permanently; all such decisions and judgement are made at the sole discretion of the service provider.
- Telappliant staff and agents will attempt to respond to and resolve issues or questions as quickly as possible. Whilst we know the vast majority of users are courteous, any abuse or language/action which would clearly cause offence to personnel may result in no response being offered and in serious cases, the immediate closure of your account, in all cases without any liability on our part for subsequent inconvenience or loss. Such enforcement is at our discretion.
- Invoices. In order to maintain low costs, Telappliant do not issue printed invoices. Invoices are available to download and print from your Red control panel for a period of 3 months after purchase. It is your responsibility to download them within that period. If an archived/older invoice is required, this may be subject to an administration fee.
- VAT. As a UK based operation, VAT is chargeable on all sales to persons within the UK/NI. VAT is also chargeable to all sales within the EU except where a valid EU (non UK) VAT number is provided at the time of purchase (you must set that in your control panel). If a valid VAT number is not available or provided at the time of purchase, VAT will be charged and is non-refundable. Sales to persons outside of the UK/EU will not be charged VAT, as long as your country is selected correctly on your account at the time of purchase, otherwise VAT will be charged and is non-refundable. If you falsely state your location or use VAT details incorrectly then you are fully responsible for any penalties under tax laws.
Additional Details of Service Terms
Access to the Red service is being provided on a non-exclusive basis. User acknowledges and understands that Telappliant Ltd makes no guarantees regarding the availability or functionality thereof. User may not sublicense its access rights to the Red service to any third party.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This is a Voice over Data network service and as such, it is dependent on your connection to the data network and the data network itself. Your service may therefore cease to function if there is a power failure or a failure in the underlying data network.
User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Telappliant Ltd, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and licensors harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, expenses, losses, and liabilities (including courts costs and reasonable attorneys' fees), arising from or relating to this agreement including user's access to and use of the SIP server to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Telappliant Ltd or any of its licensors, be liable for any indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages, arising out of the access to or use of or inability to access or use the SIP server, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletions of files, errors, defects, delays in transmission or operation or any failure of performance, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
The Red service is not intended as a substitute for the PSTN telephony service. Registered users must ensure alternative emergency contact methods are available at the location from which they use the service.
If user commits, in Telappliant's sole determination, a default of these terms and conditions, Telappliant may immediately terminate user's access to the Red service. Furthermore, Telappliant Ltd reserves the right to discontinue offering access to the Red service at any time.
User may not assign its rights hereunder without the prior written consent of Telappliant Ltd. User agrees to comply with all laws, regulations and other legal requirements that apply to these terms and conditions.
If any provision of this agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws, and the remainder shall remain in full force and effect.
Any failure of Telappliant Ltd to enforce any provision of this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any rights under such provision or any other provision of this agreement.
User acknowledges that it has read this agreement, understands it, and agrees that it is the complete and exclusive statement of the entire agreement between company and Telappliant Ltd with respect to the subject matter herein, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous proposals, discussions, agreements, understandings, and communications, whether written or oral and may be amended only in a writing executed by both user and Telappliant Ltd.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme
Please click here to find out more about ADR Scheme.